LEARN IN FIVE: SKI OR RIDE
Starting January 8, 2017, Arizona Snowbowl is proud to launch a new learning initiative!
Designed for first-timers only ages 13+, with no previous experience in winter sports (skiing or snowboarding), Learn In Five includes everything for successful introduction to skiing or snowboarding: five days of lift tickets, equipment rentals and group lessons. Participants are free to choose any five days for the remainder of the season, allowing the most flexibility. When all five days have been completed, participants will receive a FREE Season Pass for the remainder of the 2016/17 winter season, and an option to purchase winter 2017/2018 season passes at 50% OFF!
If you have questions, call (928) 779-1951.
Online registration is open.
Each of the five days includes:
- A 2-hour group lesson with our professional Ski & Ride School Instructors. Guests can join a lesson at 10 a.m. or 1 p.m. (limit one lesson per day).
- Complete equipment rentals package (skis or snowboard). Please note that helmet rentals and damage insurance are not included and can be purchased separately.
- An all day lift ticket with access to Hart Prairie, Aspen, and Humphreys lifts as well as Little and Big Spruce Conveyors.
- Participants must be 13 or older, first time only, with no previous experience in winter sports (skiing or snowboarding).
- Registration is open through March 5, 2017 with lessons offered throughout the remainder of the 2016/17 winter season (early to mid-April).
- Program costs $199 (tax included) and is to be paid in full by the participant at the time of registration.
- A program ID must be picked up at the Guest Services Office. Guests 18 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, who will have to agree to and sign the Liability Waiver on the first day of visit.
- Lessons, rentals and lift tickets issued to the program participant are non-transferable and not for re-sale.
- Upon completion of all five days of the program, each participant will receive a complimentary season pass good for the remainder of the 2016/17 winter season. All graduates have an option to purchase winter 2017/2018 season passes at 50% OFF!
Note: This program is designed exclusively for those new to snowsport. It is not meant for someone who already knows one discipline and wants to learn the other or improve his or her skills. If you are familiar with skiing or riding and can get on and off chairlifts, this program is not for you. Our instructors will be assessing your skills on the first day of the program. If they determine your skill level to be above the required level, we will excuse you from the program with no refund.
DO I QUALIFY FOR THIS PROGRAM?
Here are some guidelines to help you determine if this program is right for you:
I have never skied or snowboarded before.
- You are a perfect candidate for this program!
I have tried skiing before but have never snowboarded (or vice versa)
- This program won't be a good fit for you, however we offer other lesson programs throughout the season. Please visit our Ski & Ride School page for more information.
I have skied/snowboarded years ago, but would like to get better at it.
- This program is for those who have never tried skiing and snowboarding. Please consider any of our learning programs designed to improve your skills of skiing or riding. Please visit our Ski & Ride School page for more information.
What should my expectations be from this program?
- Orientation, safety, progression to riding chairlift, skiing/ riding with confidence on beginner terrain.
If I don't like the choice of gear I made, may I switch from skiing to snowboarding and vice versa?
- All five days are designed to teach you either skiing or snowboarding. All participants must make their choice of sport prior to signing up. Switching skis for a snowboard and vice versa in the middle of the program is not available as we strongly believe in giving every sport a try for at least five days. With the help of our professional instructors, you will be impressed with what you can learn and how much you will progress within the program.
Are there any additional fees associated with the program?
- Helmets are optional and can be rented for $10 per day, damage insurance is $2 per day, additional group lesson (at 1 p.m.) is $19 per session
How much time do I have to complete the program?
- Participants must complete the program by the end of the 2016/17 winter season. The sooner you complete your program, the sooner the FREE season pass for the remainder of the season is issued. We expect our season to last through mid-April.
If you have questions, call (928) 779-1951.